LSIIDP on 20th - 21st March 2019, has carried out seminar "Current Events in the Field of Sports in Latvia" in cooperation with representatives of Ministry of Education and Science, Department of Sports - director Edgars Severs, deputy director Anda Micule and expert Ilze Paulina. The seminar was represented by Sports Sub-Commission's Chairman Sandis Riekstins of Saeima of the Republic of Latvia, Chairperson of Education and Science Workers' Trade Union of Latvia Inga Vanaga and other representatives of LSIIDP - sports schools' directors. The main issues within the first day of the seminar were:
1. Tasks of Government Declaration's Action Plan in the field of sport and current events.
2. Development of Vocational orientated sports education programmes.
3. Development of the state education programme VIIS (content of state education information) and current actions.
4. Time-keeping and pay for sports coaches.
5. Collective agreements.
6. Protection of employees' rights.
7. Exchange of experience "We do it This Way!" - Sports School of Talsi Region, Children's and Youth's Sports School of Preili Region, Children's Sports School of Valmiera.
Second day of the seminar was devoted to the development of leader skills of sports schools / sports clubs managers - directors and their deputies, like: manager skills, thinking, and decision making in teamwork development in sports schools and sports clubs. The lecturer Martins Tols taught practical examples explaining them by theory and facts.
Event is memorized HERE