A Day before the monthly meeting of SWOST team, the WP2 team met in a separate meeting to prepare a report for the rest of the SWOST team. The main idea of the work for the report was focusing on the gender equality supplementing ideas of two more projects that are now active: TWOST and FREACO, that makes a total of 22 partners of the 3 projects.
1.To identify all the scientific researches and the possible outcomes of similar projects (i.e., good practices) already realized in the EU context on gender stereotypes in sport and,
2.To combine all the positive previous experiences with an aimed standardized methodological approach. One of the good examples already discovered during the preparation of the project proposal is the project ALL IN: Towards gender balance in sport.
3.To define a gender stereotype as the first methodological step. In order to define the gender stereotype, it is necessary to:
- Define ‘gender’, then
- Define ‘gender identity’, after
- Define ‘gender stereotypes’, and finally
- Define ‘gender stereotypes in SWOST’.
In order to achieve the stated aims, a discussion on the Initial Version of the SWOST WP2 Methodology was encouraged:
- UNIVR will share an initial version (to present during our next monthly SWOST online meeting in May)
- VUB, CSCS, ILEPS, UNIVERSITY OF MONTENEGRO, Lapland University of Applied Sciences will review it
- It will be focused on evaluating and contrasting gender-based stereotypes in sport
- This will be our initial step to develop the methodology
- All partners’ involvement is warmly welcome!